Basement is an important and complicated part of your house
Most of our clients don’t understand a real importance of basements. We have a bit higher prices than other construction companies, but this is due to high-tech equipment and materials we use. Sometimes clients sign contracts with other companies or even make basements by hand themselves. Of course, such basements lack quality and things your eye can’t see are often done badly.
We often see how technology violations cause need in additional works to fix basements. This alters a total price by 30-80%. So in the end client gets an expensive and poor quality basement.
We never insist that you order a basement at our company, but if you decide to make a basement by yourself you should know and follow all of the standards, because:
- You build a house to last for many years
- Basement decay begins in several years after construction
We kindly ask you to follow those standarts to get an acceptable quality basement:
1. Use M-300(B22,5) or better cement. Buy it in a large company.
2. Never weld the steel reinforcements.
3. Never use vertical reinforcement bars, put them horizontally only.
4. Reinforcement bars should not touck ground or form.
5. Put in all the cement at once.
6. Usage of cement vibrating machine is obligatory.
Remember, after you pour in the cement, you will never see the reinforcements again. You can easily replace window or roofing, but replacing a basement costs a pretty penny.
Have a good luck and build a nice basement!